Saturday, January 14, 2006

1/3/2006 - Hobbling in upstate NY

Over the next 2 weeks, you are going to notice less mileage on my blog. Did I break another pedometer? Nope, just my knee. Actually, I didn't break it, but I clearly did some damage over the last 4 days.

Not only did I walk a lot (86,300 steps or 40.8 miles in total) but I did much of that pushing a stroller (which I love). By the end of the day, I couldn't go up or down stairs without hobbling and felt a fair amount of pain. My Dr. in Law took a quick look at both knees and diagnosed the left one as "full of fluid." He prescribed me Celebrex (I opted for Advil) and gave me some advice. My knee has been mending slowly, but I am reminded of moderation in all things. I doubt I shall see the day when I remember to put that in practice.

I have to keep reminding myself that 10,000 is a pretty fair number of steps. Still, I am sorry to be off of my pace. Oh, for a glass of Saratogian water.

10,100 pathetic steps today. Cheers,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear your knees are under the weather. I hope they recover swiftly and completely.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home