Saturday, February 11, 2006

2/3/2006 - Bruins

Hockey isn't my favorite sport. It's probably not in my top 5 to watch. But I always enjoy watching something with someone who's passionate about it, so tonight I went to see the Bruins with the Priest.

The nominal purpose of our excursion (other than to enjoy a daddies' night out) was to see whether the Bruins would be a good place to take our 4 year olds. The wife answered that question before I even left the house. Apparantly, the NHL has a higher concentration of "smushie-mushie" than that with which she has comfort.

It was a different game than the pre-strike version I remember. Much more scoring (although I am told that this was abnormally high) and much less fighting.

The Bruins lost, alas, but I enjoyed the game greatly as the Priest was able to walk me through strategies, penalties and "why people were booing." All in all, a good night.

13,100 high-sticking steps today. Cheers,