Monday, September 18, 2006

9/3/2006 - And yet, J.G. moves

Well, 24 hours on and I'm still alive. Actually, in certain ways I'm already on the mend. What hurt the most last night (feet, leg muscles) but a few oddities remain. My hip muscles (or whatever) are the most sore, causing me to actually limp as I hobble around. I didn't feel them at all yesterday, possibly because they were drowned out by the other pains.

My best guess is that I actually stretched the other muscles that were sore, causing them to heal faster. I don't even know how to stretch the hips.

Yesterday was an awesome experience. Hopefully I will forget the discomfort of today, enabling me to sign up for next year's walk. I made a number of mistakes (training too little, carrying too much) that I look forward to correcting.

And maybe I'll even recruit some folks to walk with me...

47,300 steps today (and that was just my training day -- 62,300 steps for the walk itself!).

CHEERS!