Saturday, September 16, 2006

9/2/2006 - Final Jimmy Fund Prep and a little Astronomy

Well, this is it. In about 6 hours, I hope to be following the path of the Boston Marathon. Wish me luck.

In case I didn't think that the International Astronomical Union was out to get me, they went and changed the name of Xena. To be honest, I'm not really sure why I liked the name Xena. I never watched the show. I'm a fan of the whole mythology-name convention. Xena (and its moon Gabrielle) just amused me.

Well, now Xena is Eris. Eris is the Greek Goddess of Trouble and Strife. The name alludes to the varying factions of astronomers arguing over Eris' status (planet vs. dwarf) and is not a commentary George Bush (as others have suggested).

However, the IAU threw me a bone. The moon formerly known as "Gabrielle" shall hence forth be known as Dynomia, which Greek for Lawlessness, or Lucy Lawless, for short.

17,100 anarchic steps today. Fight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home