Saturday, September 09, 2006

8/26-7/2006 - Lone Rock, WI

From one mysterious name to the next, tonight I stroll into Lone Rock, WI. Actually, there are two Lone Rocks in Wisconsin (casting an unflattering light on the use of the word "lone"). One is in Richland County and the other is about 60 miles north, in Juneau County (whetting my appetite). I am passing through Juneau, of course.

Alas, all of the information I can find on line, even on Wikipedia, seems to be about Richland. And its 929 residents. I can only imagine how many residents live in my Lone Rock.

So I decided to look up real estate prices in Lone Rock (either). The most expensive house I could find for sale turned out to be 32 commercial lots along a highway ($800k). For $200k, I could get a 4 bedroom, 2000 square foot house sitting on an acre of land.

Now why did I do that to myself?

29,500 lonely steppes over these two days. Cheers,