Friday, September 01, 2006

8/17-18/2006 - Madison, WI

With due apologies to the great city of Madison, no mapquest link to show my route today as I am away from my usual bag of tricks.  But I do have a more personal account of the city thanks to ace reporter Actu-Pella, who used to live in the area.  A.P. recommends that I stop by the capital, one of the more beautiful capital buildings across the country.  As always, Wikipedia is there for the assist (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madison,_Wisconsin) this time including a photo of the aforementioned capital.

So what shall I do in Madison?  Were I passing through this labor day weekend, I would doubtless be stopping in at the "Taste of Madison" festival, during which area restaurants set up booths to display their best foods around the capital square.  In reality I tend to eat very little dairy or red meat (always watching that cholesterol) but my virtual counterpart just doesn't have self-restraint, so he'll probably nibble at this and that.

After brunch, lunch and a little linner, I'll wander over to Lake Mendota.  Want to see what I'm seeing?  Try the following webcam: www.soils.wisc.edu/asig/webcam.html

Finally, no visit to Madison is complete without a visit to the Babcock Dairy.  What flavors of ice cream do they boast?  How about

  • Peach Melba
  • Mudslide
  • Caramel Creek
  • Badger Blast
  • Blue Moon
  • Coffee Truffle

Badger flavored ice cream?  I'll go with strawberry.

29,500 carnivorous steps today.  Cheers,