Tuesday, August 29, 2006

8/12/2006 - Here comes the Big One

Well, I've decided to put my best foot forward about 29,000 times (and my worst foot forward almost that much). On Sunday, September 17th, I will be walking the route of the Boston Marathon, taking part in a fundraiser for the Jimmy Fund, which supports the Dana-Farber Center here in Boston.

I'm walking first and foremost for all of the kids I have met on 7-West in Children's hospital, especially the daughter of a friend of mine, who has recently battled her way to remission. I'm also walking for the Dana-Farber doctors who have helped my kid (who thank God never had cancer).

I'm also walking because, hey, I like walking.

Can I do it? I don't know. My longest walk in the past year was about 11-12 miles, which is a lot less than 26.2. In my defense, I will say that I stopped because I ran out of time, not because I ran out of juice. Later that day I went on a pair of 3-4 mile walks, both aimed at keeping the baby asleep. So in one day, I probably racked up close 18 miles in real walks plus another 1-2 walking about the apartment. Of course, I was in mid-season form then and I've been a little off my game the last few weeks. Here's hoping I can get back there.

In the meantime, the Wife is being very supportive. She'd rather I stuck with the 13 mile walk, but is willing to let me make my own mistakes here. She's also been excellent about helping me find (not insignificant) time to train. Thanks Wife, you're fantastic!

If you'd like, you can sponsor me as a walker at the Jimmy Fund Website. If you are one of the countless 2 or 3 individuals that reads this blog who doesn't know my real name, don't look for JG Fellow, he ain't walking. Feel free to make a donation directly to the Jimmy Fund "in honor of JG Fellow." It won't go contribute to my fundraising goals, but I'd be tickled regardless.

14,000 practicing steps today. Cheers,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't worry too much about no training. I've done Walk for Hunger several times (20 miles) without "training", and my college roomates did the Jimmy Fund walk one year. Just bring moleskin for possible blisters.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ninest123 10.28
louis vuitton, uggs outlet, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, tiffany jewelry, gucci handbags, prada handbags, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton, michael kors outlet, replica watches, michael kors outlet store, michael kors outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, uggs outlet, nike outlet, nike free, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, chanel handbags, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, burberry outlet, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co, nike air max, christian louboutin shoes, christian louboutin uk, ray ban sunglasses, jordan shoes, replica watches, louis vuitton outlet, burberry handbags, nike air max, christian louboutin, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, polo ralph lauren outlet online, ugg boots, polo outlet

8:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

fitflop sale
michael kors online outlet
lululemon pants
nike air huarache
ferragamo shoes
tiffany and co
karen millen uk
nike free uk
canada goose outlet
salomon shoes
tory burch outlet
cheap uggs
canada goose jackets
ralph lauren outlet
ugg clearance
ralph lauren outlet
thomas sabo outlet
michael kors factory online
michael kors outlet
prada sneakers
1204MINKO

11:49 PM  
Blogger 艾丰 said...

jianbin1211
tods shoes
bottega veneta outlet online
uggs outlet
links of london uk
replica watches
nike shoes
arizona cardinals
mont blanc
lululemon outlet store
miami dolphins
basketball shoes
cleveland cavaliers
michael kors handbags,michael kors outlet,michael kors,kors outlet,michael kors outlet online,michael kors outlet online sale,michael kors handbags clearance,michael kors purses,michaelkors.com,michael kors bags,michael kors shoes,michaelkors,cheap michael kors
michael kors outlet online
salomon speedcross 3
abercrombie fitch
iphone cases
cheap oakley sunglasses
louis vuitton uk
nike huarache
woolrich clothing
celine outlet online
ralph lauren,ralph lauren uk,ralph lauren outlet,ralph lauren outlet online,polo ralph lauren outlet,ralph lauren polo
oakley outlet online
tory burch sandals
indianapolis colts
soccer jerseys,cheap soccer jerseys,cheap soccer jerseys for sale,soccer jersey,usa soccer jersey,football jerseys
ugg boots
snow boots outlet
beats by dr dre
ralph lauren polo shirts
ugg outlet
marc jacobs outlet
hermes bags
baltimore ravens
coach outlet store online,coach outlet store,coach outlet
new orleans saints
nike roshe run
coach outlet store
michael kors handbags
uggs outlet

10:52 PM  
Blogger mmjiaxin said...

kobe sneakers
nike kobe sneakers
michael kors outlet
adidas neo shoes
michael kors purses
huarache shoes
adidas nmd runner
coach outlet online
roshe shoes
nfl jerseys
gg

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home