Tuesday, August 29, 2006

8/13-14/2006 - Edgerton, WI

And thus I sidle my way into Edgerton, WI. After the (virtual) wasteland that was Shopiere, it is a relief to be back in a city that values having a presence on line (as befits a city of 5,000+).

A quick look at its website shows that, had I managed to get here by June 14th (closer to when I actually did pass through it, by my records) I would have been treated to "Straight Up Bluegrass." Other concerts in the summer included The Banjo Barons, Tonya Rocker and Gear.

Additionally, Edgerton is the birthplace of Sterling North. Who? Wikipedia answers: a poet and author whom I haven't heard of, but whose works have been turned into a 52-episode Anime series in Japan. His most famous work seems to have been called "Rascal." Somehow, looking quickly at his historical society, I got the notion that he was somehow associated with the Little Rascals, but the more I dig into the material, the less likely that seems.

As long as I'm in Edgerton, I'll probably hike along the Rock River, possibly drift idly in a canoe. About this time I might notice that I am at an elevation of over 800 feet. As I approach Mount Rushmore, I only expect that number to go up!

34,000 wascally thteps over these two days. Cheers,

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

ninest123 10.28
louis vuitton, uggs outlet, oakley sunglasses, michael kors outlet, tiffany jewelry, gucci handbags, prada handbags, kate spade outlet, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton, michael kors outlet, replica watches, michael kors outlet store, michael kors outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, uggs outlet, nike outlet, nike free, louis vuitton outlet, prada outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, longchamp outlet, uggs on sale, chanel handbags, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, louis vuitton outlet, oakley sunglasses, burberry outlet, ugg boots, longchamp outlet, tiffany and co, nike air max, christian louboutin shoes, christian louboutin uk, ray ban sunglasses, jordan shoes, replica watches, louis vuitton outlet, burberry handbags, nike air max, christian louboutin, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors outlet online, polo ralph lauren outlet online, ugg boots, polo outlet

8:54 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

fitflop sale
michael kors online outlet
lululemon pants
nike air huarache
ferragamo shoes
tiffany and co
karen millen uk
nike free uk
canada goose outlet
salomon shoes
tory burch outlet
cheap uggs
canada goose jackets
ralph lauren outlet
ugg clearance
ralph lauren outlet
thomas sabo outlet
michael kors factory online
michael kors outlet
prada sneakers

11:49 PM  
Blogger mmjiaxin said...

kobe sneakers
nike kobe sneakers
michael kors outlet
adidas neo shoes
michael kors purses
huarache shoes
adidas nmd runner
coach outlet online
roshe shoes
nfl jerseys
gg

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home