Saturday, September 09, 2006

8/28/2006 - Double disappointments

Some time ago, I was talking to my eldest about the Red Sox and he interrupted me:

"Daddy, I root for the White Sox."

Was he sure?

"You root for the Red Sox, but I root for the White Sox."

Eventually, I learned to accept this. I began letting him know when his team won and mentioning the players' names to him. As the Red Sox season went into a downward spiral, it occurred to me that I could take some pleasure in the post-season if my son's team made it in. Alas, the exciting Minnesota Twins look poised to upend the Defending World Champions so me and my son shall both be disappointed.

Although I shan't tell him.

18,500 heavy-hearted steps today.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could be worse - he could've jumped ship entirely and started talking about the 'pies...

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home