Monday, July 10, 2006

6/11/2006 - Marathon Sunday

Astute readers may have noticed that I have broken with my current practice and posted individual days in this post and the previous one. The reason is that I really wanted to trumpet my achievement for the day (44,700 steps). It is the first time I broke 40k and I broke it with authority!

For starters, this Sunday was "Father's day observed" in our household. For various reasons we weren't going to be able to do anything on the 18th, so the wife gave me my present today: understanding when I got up at 5:45 and walked until about 9:15. I can't remember exactly how many steps I came up with in the 3+ hours that I walked, but problem more than 20,000 (I did take a quick break here and there on my route).

When I came home, my wife was busily setting up a lemonade stand for my eldest. We have greatly benefited from the angels over at Boston's Children's Hospital and my son had elected to sell lemonade and turn over the revenue (not profits - we didn't actually reap any of those) over to the hospital. It was a smashing success. While the wife and child manned the desk, my job was to keep the baby asleep, which I did by walking. I picked up another 8-10,000 steps along the way.

We went home and had lunch, played some games and then it was time for Wife, Eldest and Baby to nap (baby's second of the day). That sent me out on the streets for another 6,000. Adding in a reasonable amount of other steps throughout the day, I came pretty close to 45k!

Not a bad haul.

44,700 steps today! Cheers,