Monday, June 19, 2006

5/14/2006 - Daddy's day

I'm sorry not to have been posting much recently, my day-job has heated up a bit (and I still have to keep it, despite the roaring success of this blog).

Yesterday, in real life, was Daddy's day. My wife gave me a lovely gift. We have been homebound for this reason or that, but she sent me an my eldest down to the City for a 24-hour whirlwind tour. We saw my parents and in-laws (complete with brothers-in-law and attaches). The boy played all sorts of games with his cousin, ranging from frisbee, to baseball to cycling. We tried to convince them to play chess, but they mostly just wanted to mash the pieces together.

We drove back to Boston, to the heartfelt strains of "Joseph" and ambled our way into bed, an almost perfect weekend. I was only sorry not to catch up with the Gnome (speedy recovery). I look forward to our next visit.

10,000 happy steps today. Cheers,