Sunday, May 28, 2006

4/30/2006 - Bald Hill

A hike! A palpable hike!

Recently, we bought a kid back-pack for the baby. We have used it in a number of settings, but this was our first hike. We got a book on hikes in Eastern Massachusetts and found a kid friendly hike -- a 2-mile circuit around a small lake.

Unfortunately, our recent rains had flooded out the trail, but we found an alternative and still managed to walk more than 2 miles (7,000 steps or so). My eldest was a trooper and managed to walk the whole time. I carried the baby who napped a fair amount but mostly just enjoyed the ride. The wife carried the food and performed her normal role of navigation.

Overall, a ton of fun! I enjoy my city hikes as well (closer, creating a much better ratio of walking to "getting there") but we shall have to d more of these...

15,300 Elysian steppes today. Cheers,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for successful hiking with the pack (and the elder one walking). I've got a book of nature walks in eastern MA that might be of interest (many are around the 2 mile mark) that I'd be happy to lend.

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home