Friday, May 19, 2006

4/5/2006 - My day?

Now that Mummy's day has come and gone, dare I look forward to Daddy's day?  The Wife asked me what I wanted for Daddy's day.  I took too long answering so she helpfully suggested that I might enjoy doing some work around the house.  An excellent suggestion, but I will decline.

What is it that I like doing?  I like walking!

So right now, the plan is that I will hop out of bed at 6 AM on Daddy's day, grab my pack and go on a 10 mile walk.  The route is still in question.  Initially I had assumed that this was just something that I would do on my own, but the Wife likes the idea of my walking 10 miles away and the family meeting me somewhere.

So the two options I'm currently weighing are either a 10-mile circuit of Boston, Cambridge, Somerville and maybe Arlington or a walk from my house to the beach in Revere.  I guess the weather will matter a lot.  I will like it either way.

And let's just say that I'm looking forward to the sign-off on that day.

9,000 Patralinear steps today.  Cheers,