Monday, May 08, 2006

3/28/2006 - Gazing into the crystal ball

On Sunday, May 7th, I will post my first 20,000 step day since March 19th.  Since I started walking, I have averaged about 14,000 steps per day, but over the last few weeks (ignoring my Passover vacation) I averaged more like 11,500.  Much of that was due to my rather nasty cold, but some of it is just an inertia that I settled into.  I used to walk about twice as many steps in the morning, before heading off to work.  I also used to walk around my building more.  I don't know how I lost the touch, but I did.  For a while, my wife was urging me to take quick power walks after the boys went to sleep, but lately they have been experiencing uncomfortable sleeping, so I couldn't really justify sneaking out of the house.

But yesterday I put all that behind me.  In the morning the boys and I went with some friends to the park.  My eldest practiced batting which gave me a lot of steps (somehow I get more exercise than he does on the ol' diamond).  Later, I had to walk into town to buy some hardware and I capped the day off by walking into town to meet a friend.  I just barely cleared 20,000, but it was enough to give me an emotional boost.  Will it be enough to counteract the new Chinese Restaurant opening near my office?  Probably not.

8,600 to-be-rejuvenated steps today.  Cheers,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course, if you walk to the restaurant....

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home