Thursday, May 11, 2006

3/31/2006 - Livonia, MI

It seems like it has been some time since I have blogged a city, but on this last day in March, I set foot in Livonia, Michigan. It may surprise you to learn that Livonia is the 8th largest city in Michigan. I must confess that I can't name the 8th largest city in Massachusetts, New York or New Jersey. Livonia became a township in 1835 and a city in 1950, shortly after GM built a transmission plant there.

But what everyone is talking about here in Livonia, is Brandie Reamy. Brandie, a spring chicken of 12 years, 4 months and 11 days, just bowled her first perfect game (12 strikes on 12 straight throws). I think that I may have once bowled as high as 130, almost half as well as Brandie. In case you are curious, Brandie used a 14 pound ball. I tend to settle for a 10 pound ball. In short, if any my dear readers ever threaten me, I shall be sure to give Brandie a call.

9,000 striking steps today. Cheers,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home