Friday, May 12, 2006

4/1/2006 - Another beak to feed

Several years ago, my wife any I took our eldest (then: only) to PetCo.  It's cheaper than the zoo and more fun than just about anything I can imagine.  The boy shrieked with delight as he watched the ferrets play.  He squealed in the face of 100s of bird and stared in awe at the beauty of the tropical fish.  The last we could not resist and my wife convinced me that we needed a Beta fish.

Flash forward.  We have come to love and accept Jonah the Fish as one of our own.  My wife feeds him, cleans out his bowl, cuddles him, all the things that one does for fish.  Unfortunately, we had run out of brake fluid, or whatever fish need, so my wife took the kids to PetCo to pick up some more.

Now we have a budgie.

I'm still not quite certain how that happen.  I must say, it is a cute little bird (green plumage).  It is pretty quiet, possibly because the kids frighten it so.  We are starting to read books about budgie care; surf the internet; talk to our fellow budgie owners.  And through all of this, I have learned one important thing.

When we run out of birdseed, I will be the one to pick it up from PetCo.

9,000 avian steps today.  SQUAWK,

1 Comments:

Blogger ZM said...

As it happens, I got everything but the brake fluid (aka water conditioner) that day. Feeling up to a run to the store?

Before you answer, consider this: two nights ago I dreamt that we found another 'keet in the house and had to keep it.

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home