Friday, May 26, 2006

4/25-4/27/2006: Parma, MI

Welcome to Parma, MI, traditionally an agricultural community surrounding old US 12 (now Michigan Avenue). One piece of fun here in Parma is checking out the old Interurban Trolley. Apparently it ran off the tracks, crashed a jail and was never rebuilt.

According to the census, there are approximatly 907 residents here (at least there were as of 2000) living in an area of less than 1 square mile. I seem to be about 1,000 feet above sea level, although on level ground which is good for walking.

In my search through Google, I came across this site which lists the G. I. Joe characters by place of birth. I thought that Agent Faces came from Parma, but, alas, that was Parma, Ohio.

Hmm. Cover Girl was born in Peoria.

44,500 reminiscing steps today. Cheers,