Saturday, June 10, 2006

5/9, 10 and 11/2006 - Kalamazoo, MI

A
B
C
D
E
F
G
H
I gotta gal (do doo, doo-doo)
In Kalamzaoo.

I've never actually set foot in Kalamazoo, but my wife has. Why? Their annual symposium on all things Medieval. Yes, every year this surprisingly large city of 70,000 is over-run by pilgrims who have had their courage pricked (not screwed to its sticking place. That would be Early Modern.)

So what has my wife to report of these lovely climes?

First, that there is a billboard in the middle of town that reads:

"Yes, there really is a city of Kalamazoo."

I don't blame them. I asked the question when my wife first went.

Second, that the local pubs do include such names as "Grendel's Den" suggesting that feeding Medievalists is one of the major industries in town.

All in all, it really seems a lovely, though quirky town. I can't wait to come next time my wife finds herself there.

And in case anyone is curious, my wife is the toast of Kalamazoo.

41,200 Miller's steps today. Cheers,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home