Monday, May 29, 2006

5/1/2006 - Pushing 30(k)

It will be a month before I get to report this in my tag, so I might as well say it today. I got 30,000+ steps today for the first time in quite a while. Between being sick and generally changing my weekend routine, it has been some time since I have been able to really flex the muscles. On Memorial day, the wife invited me to take a walk in the morning.

I rolled out of bed around 5:45, grabbed my gear and bolted out of the house. I hiked 3.5 miles to the local kosher Dunkin' Donuts and back (yes, I put on as many calories as I removed). That was good for 14,000 steps before 8 am!

I am proud to say that I (think that I) didn't drive the wife batty taking additional steps the rest of the day. In my experience, slightly more than 1,000 steps per hour is reasonable if you are puttering around the house. I found excuses for a couple extra short walks and we all made our way over to the farmer's market and before you knew it, there I was.

It's good to be back.

11,900 back-to-form steps today. Cheers,

1 Comments:

Blogger ZM said...

Hmm. No, you were fine. The pacing during the family hot soy milk outing was a bit much, though. And yes, I know you *say* the baby needed to be walked, but at this point the kid would rather do the walking himself, with you as apendage...

Still, happy strides today!

8:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home