Tuesday, August 01, 2006

6/18-20/2006 - Snacking at work

I've taken to the habit of stockpiling large amounts of food at work.  Because I keep kosher, I can't just go down to the cafeteria and eat a nourishing meal (unless nourishing includes potato chips, twizzlers and diet pepsi).  Also, I eat both breakfast and lunch at work.  So I have taken to having cereal, soy milk, peanut butter, jelly and rolls around on which to feed myself.  It was a short jump from there to opening my own little cafeteria.  Now I have tea, seltzer water, oatmeal and even a few bottles of Starbucks' Frappaccino.

So today, I decided to allow myself to keep snacks around as well (even though I can get these downstairs).  I guess I must envy my kids, because my first two snacks purchased were:

  • Apple sauce (which I feed the baby) and
  • Pudding (which my eldest gets as a treat for being good on special occasions)

With all of their allergies, I still want what they have.  How odd.

55,800 regressive steps over these 3 days.  Cheers,