Monday, January 23, 2006

1/16/2006 - Momentum

Magid is surprised by how many steps I put up. Frankly, so am I. I check my pedometer frequently and test it periodically. I even go so far as to count my steps manually one day a week, to make sure that the results match my intuition.

My knee problems have definitely cramped my style. Before I noticed the problem, I was averaging over 14,000 steps a day (helped out a lot by even higher numbers on the weekends). Since that fateful New Year's, I've been down around 11,500, again heavily driven by a precipitous drop off in weekend steps.

It's not that I experience much pain, but I do avoid doing things that I fear would set my knee off. And I think that I am probably losing a few hundred steps per day by taking the elevator at work.

Still, when I need to, I can still get my steps. Tonight (1/23), I fell asleep with my eldest. At 10, I rolled out of bed with 8,100 steps and not much evening left. I aim for 12,000 steps on a weekday, but I feel like 10,000 is kind of a minimum standard. I figured the day was shot. Still, I doggedly put in my steps, pacing through the apartment after every couple of dishes washed. As I write this post, I am at 9,950 steps. I will almost certainly make my minimum and sleep a little better.

9,100 suboptimal steps today. :-(

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obviously I need to do more tasks around my apartment at night which involve walking around.... which might finally get me caught up on laundry :-)

4:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home