Sunday, January 29, 2006

1/20/2006 - My feet are in Boston, my blog in New York, but my heart is in New Zealand

Part 2 in the podcast trilogy.

Among the best podcasts I have listened to so far is a serial called Claybourne. Doled out in 5 minute segments...

[Note - the incredible variety of range of lengths of podcasts is one of the merits of this new media. It's available whether you have an hour, or 20 minutes or 5 minutes to kill]

...it is the story of a typical Yank (read: American) who finds himself traveling from the foreign culture of New Zealand to the far more foreign culture of the Maori (the native New Zealanders).

I haven't progressed too far into it, but here's what I like so far:

  • It is produced, with a soundtrack and some special effects
  • They do the tease well, where they unveil just enough each episode, be it about the spookiness or the relationships.

Definitely worth the 5 minutes.

14,100 suspense filled steps today. Cheers,

PS - More than my heart may be in New Zealand. I f memory serves, the Happy Kiwi is there as well...