Sunday, February 12, 2006

2/5/2006 - New Record

I put up my second 30k today, and a new personal best. When I look back at what I had to do to achieve it, it makes me wonder why I even bother trying to hit 30ks, but I'm sure I will again.

I have to start walking seriously pretty much from the moment I wake up. So during the first 2 hours of the day, I put in 2000 steps each, largely by carry the baby aimlessly around the apartment. Once everyone was up and ready to go, I cleared the kids out of the house (so the Wife could do some work) and walked over 1 mile to a toy store where my Eldest could play.

We walked 30 minutes to get there, stayed for 30 minutes and then walked home for lunch. My kids appear to greatly appreciate walking in the stroller. My eldest talks animatedly with me and the baby sleeps peacefully. If they ever change their minds, I am going to lose a lot of steps.

After lunch, Eldest and Wife took a nap together and the baby and I got back on the sidewalk. I had in mind to walk to Brookline for some kosher shopping, but the beautiful 50 degree weather had been preceeded by a torrential downpour and mud puddles cut off my route. Instead we wandered aimlessly for something like 90 minutes.

We came home and I woke up the wife. I then took the baby to a mall for more walking (and new work-shoes!). I came home, we quickly packed up and I walked the Eldest to a Superbowl party at M&M's. We stayed for the first 3 quarters (just think of all the steps I lost!) and then I walked him back home.

Unlike earlier attempts, I drank enough. I felt neither sore nor warn out, but I did collapse into bed upon return home. All in all, a good experience.

30,300 terrible steps today. Cheers,

4 Comments:

Blogger tobyr21@gmail.com said...

Congratulations, you have joined Charles Lutwidge Dodgson in the small society of people who walk too much. (Dodgson may have walked himself to death.)
- Precision Blogger

9:12 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here
Click Here

2:01 PM  
Blogger alaa said...

I definitely love this site

10:08 AM  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

ugg outlet
ray ban sunglasses
dolce and gabbana outlet
tennessee titans jersey
49ers jersey
michael kors outlet
ugg outlet
dolphins jerseys
yeezy boost 350 white
michael kors outlet
2017.6.9

1:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home