Friday, March 24, 2006

3/8/2006 - West Lorne, ON

My journey brings me to the town of West Lorne, Ontario today, population about 1,500. It was in these lovely environs that I discovered the West Lorne Dramatic Society's production of "Creature Creeps," an amateur production that was written in town (opening March 31st for my readers in the area -- tell them J.G. sent you).

As my father once told me, I have grease-paint under my skin. I took part in a few productions in high school and college. It's fun to have the spotlight on you (did a blogger just say that?) but it's also just fun to watch this gigantic production come into place. I often wondered what drew people to the lighting, the painting, the curtain management (already understanding what drew them to the chorus) and I loved watching how the stage hands interacted with the actors.

Now that I have the kids, my Oscar aspirations are somewhat limited, but it's fun to remember the good times I had.

11,700 sentimental steps today. Cheers,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home