Tuesday, March 07, 2006

2/26/2006 - 1,000,000

Last night, I finished counting to 1,000,000 for the baby, just in time for his first half-birthday. Why? I don't know. When I counted for the eldest, it was pointedly because of all of the 2 am drives. I needed something to do late at nights and the endless stream of digits filled the void.

And the baby? Well I wouldn't want to have spared him the pleasure... While it took me 6 months (4 months fewer than the first time round) I really should have finished in 5. For some reason, my stamina for counting petered out after 950,000 (I averaged more than 6,000 numbers a day). In the next month I managed little more than 1,000 a day. But I finished.

Typically, I now find moments of time that could have involved counting. Funny, 3 days ago I couldn't wait to be finished...

25,600 steps today (and counting). Cheers,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home