Sunday, March 05, 2006

2/23/2006 - Time to put my money where my blog is

I recently claimed that I would be willing to pay some amount of money for podcasts. So, yeah. One the blogs I like (History according to Bob) is offering his prior blogs at $10 for 25 (or $40 for all 160). That's in the price range I mentioned. Have I bought them yet? Of course not.

First off, he's selling his archive but still making the last 10 or so available for free at any time. Second, while he might be one of the ones I like, that's one of 15 or so. I don't have time to listen to all of the blogs I like, so it might be a blessing if I were forced to drop one, because it happened to charge.

Of course, this isn't the case. I am still freeloading, listening to the most recent podcasts that are available.

What is this podcast? Bob is a high school history teacher who publishes 15 minute segments on pretty much whatever he likes (most recently, Mussolini's mistresses). What he really reminds me of is those great college professors who lecture so well because they speak from experience, like my Astrophysics professor who nearly won a Nobel (not that he's bitter), or my Psychophsyics teacher who paralyzed his eyes to see what would happen (they stopped working).

His folksy, knowledgable style drew me in immediately and I would kind of like to hear some of those older podcasts, but I just can't justify buying the older broadcasts instead of, say, taking the wife out to dinner (Eggs 'R'nt Us).

For now I'll probably just continue to freeload, but it's nice to know that I have the option.

Blogger's note. I just listened to another of Bob's podcasts. He has taught on the college level. It really shows.

12,600 disproven steps today. Cheers,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home