Wednesday, March 01, 2006

2/20/2008 - Haiku to you, too

I received an e-mail from my God Sister today, which looked something like this:

when you asked
about my phone--
i thought you wanted
my cell.
i never answer
that number
call me at home.

Not quite a haiku, but definitely among the prettiest e-mails I have received recently. It got me thinking that I should develop my own unique voice in my e-mails. Perhaps sending them in the form of limericks:

Conclusive analysis shows
The sources of all of our woes.
Stock losses so large and
Precipitous margin
Have sunk profits to their new lows.

Perhaps not.

12,100 missteps today. Cheers,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must commend you for your rhyme of "large and" with "margin." It really took courage.

1:46 PM  
Blogger tobyr21@gmail.com said...

12,100 missteps,
12,100 missteps,
on uneven ground,
will jerk you around,
and probably not help your reps.

- Precision Blogger

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bigger question is why your God Sister thought it appropriate to give you a phone number to a phone she never answers.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home