Saturday, February 25, 2006

2/12/2006 - Port Colborne

Having crossed the border, Port Colborne is my first stop in Ontario! I'm happy to report that Port Colborne has a lovely website with lots of interesting information about the city. I'm less happy to report that all of it was in Adobe Acrobat format, which my computer doesn't handle well (I know, I need a new computer...)

So instead, I sidled next door to the Opera Society of Port Colborne. I've always been a sucker for light opera (someday I shall have post my experience singing "Eponine"). Despite the name, the society appears to have done exclusively Broadway Musicals including both classics (Pajama Game, Annie Get your Gun) and new musicals, which will never become classics (Crazy for You).

Still, any city with an Opera Company is a real city in my book, population (18,500) notwithstanding.

23,400 box steps (and jazz fingers) today. Cheers,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home