Saturday, February 18, 2006

2/6/2006 - Niagara Falls (last exit in NY)

For starters, let me apologize for my absence of nearly 1 week. This was due to a business trip to Atlanta which really kept me on my toes. Maybe I'll walk down the Eastern Seaboard once I finish this little jaunt.

That being said, here I am in beautiful Niagara Falls. If you'd like to take a peek, try here. I feel like there is very little that can be said about the Falls that hasn't already been said, but I'll take a shot at it.

The American Falls see about 150,000 gallons of water pass by every second. That's about 1/4th the volume of an olympic swimming pool. So if you ever find yourself in an Olympic Swimming pool when Niagara passes by, you have about 4 seconds to exit.

The falls reached their full power about 5,500 years ago. The national debt is increasing by about $2.2B per day. So counting backwards, when Niagara first starting pumping at 4 s/OP, the world owed us about $4 quadrillion, ignoring leap seconds. For those 6-year olds reading this blog, that's a little less than 1 gazillion.

Niagara is the 3rd most significant fall in the world after Victoria Falls (in Africa) and the 2004 ALCS. OK, OK, no Buckner jokes, please.

The rocks supporting Niagara are composed largely of dolomite, which has the chemical formula CaMg(CO2)3. I have absolutely nothing funny to say about that. Except maybe that "Niagara Falls Dolomite" = "I edit all anagrams, fool."

12,000 thundering steps today. Cheers,

3 Comments:

Blogger tobyr21@gmail.com said...

There's an irony in your being unable to pass Niagara Falls because you happen to be in Atlanta.

Somewhere, definitely an irony.
- P.B.

6:32 PM  
Blogger ZM said...

giggle!

Personally, I prefer the Canadian side of the Falls. Less neon, more park.

5:38 AM  
Blogger chenlili said...

ugg boots cheap
true religion
pandora uk
ugg australia
air jordans
louboutin
ugg pas cher
michael kors uk
ray ban
canada goose jackets
201712.28chenjinyan

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home