Monday, February 20, 2006

2/10/2006 - Various sundries

Tonight I feel a little alone. The baby has a bad cough -- bad enough that the wife took him off to see the doctors, leaving me and my eldest at home. My eldest has taken to falling asleep more easily, so now I am by myself, blogging.

The baby is really in fine shape, so the two of them will be home later, but the line can be long at the hospital, so I'll have some time.

I often imagine myself actually taking this hike. I imagine walking 20 or so miles a day and staying in hotels at night (I really don't like camping out). But then I often think of how lonely it would be, night after night on this glorious hike, with or without cable TV at night.

And if I were by myself, I would have missed evenings like tonight. Tonight we played trumpet for the first time in a month. My eldest hit a high C (C above middle C, if I have that right). Beats walking to Alaska any day.

10,000 contented steps today. Cheers,

1 Comments:

Blogger ZM said...

solitary splendor. Hmm, now there's a concept. Something that might require locking the bathroom door, eh?

5:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home