Tuesday, March 14, 2006

3/2/2006 - Revenge of the Haman

Gosh, I have quite a few cities to blog, but no time to do the research. One of these days...

In the meantime, I finally tasted one of my hamantaschen. Was it a cookie? No, it was pie crust. Actually, that's kind of cool, since I wasn't sure whether it would be possible to do a decent pie crust without eggs. This was nice and flaky and rolls well, so I can imagine even doing some rudimentary lattice work.

In other news, I had a 6-hour meeting at work today. Ugh. The topic was actually fairly interesting, keeping me engaged. However, I probably didn't put up 1,000 steps between 9:30 and 3:30. Happily, the wife has recently suggested an alternate way for me to pick up footage (her ulterior motive: she can't stand watching me pace. You can probably sympathize). So once my chores are done for the evening, she sends me out for a 30 minute hike around town. I can do more than 1,000 steps in 10 minutes when I put my mind to it, so everyone's a winner.

14,000 symbiotic steps today. Cheers,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Er, all the pie crust recipes I've seen have been egg-free.

And while pie crust is a good and useful thing, I agree that they're not the basis of really good hamantaschen. I think the flaxseed meal would be the likeliest egg replacer for them.

4:56 AM  
Blogger ZM said...

Hurrah for symbiosis! Now I can stop muttering about ritalin while you pace.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home