Thursday, October 19, 2006

9/25-26/2006 - Baby no more!

It is with nostalgic tears in my eyes that I take this occasion, more-or-less 1 year from his birth, to announce that our youngest has graduated from baby status. Henceforth, on this blog, and possibly on related blogs, he shall be known as The Toddler.

Being the quantitative fellow that I am, I am always looking for metrics to track my sons' development. With walking, I naturally counted "steps taken at once." At first, he would occasionally take a step to go from where he was to mummy's skirt. As he gained a little confidence, he would take 2 or 3 steps at a time. He really turned the corner (figuratively, not literally) 2 weeks ago at Grandma and Grandpa's place. While playing in the backyard I watched him take as many as 8 steps several times over the course of a 1-2 hour play session. The real difference here was that he could catch himself before falling and get back to neutral, so he could take another step or two.

Back in Boston, he's getting to the point where he'd rather walk than crawl. Yesterday, I watched him toddle his way across the living room and I realized that we were in a new world.

25 steps today! Hurrah!

15,400 toddling steps over these 2 days. Cheers,

1 Comments:

Blogger ZM said...

Hmm. I renamed him als: as the Toddles

6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home