Sunday, October 29, 2006

9/30-10/1/2006 - Evolution and Chess (redux)

One of my loyal readers (okay, my mom) pointed out that I read many blogs and listen to many podcasts, but almost none of them appear in my links. I have often enjoyed following links from blogs, so I'm a little embarassed not to have set this up properly on my blog. So, I will endeavor to update my links, introducing (or reintroducing) each as it goes up.

I'll start with the blog that was particularly of note: Chevolution. This blog is written by a friend of mine from high school with whom I have, unfortunately, lost touch. I found it one day when I was searching for a blog about the debate between Evolution and ID. It was the top hit.

Jason (who identifies himself on his blog) is a math professor at James Madison University (not one of my favorite presidents, but in the top 50%) and his blog is mostly about the debate. When he grows weary with it, his thoughts turn to math, chess, string theory or whatever.

He has a delightful (often scathing) style of writing and it's a good read. Warning: if you are a proponent of ID, or just don't like to see the movement bashed, this is not the link for you.

31,300 evolving steps over these 2 days. Ook.